Device Driver Development Services...
LynnSoft develops device drivers that are logically partitioned into an upper and lower layer. The upper layer is device independent/operating system specific, and the lower layer is device specific/operating system independent. Typically a device driver resides in the host computer system. However, in systems where driver performance is critical, LynnSoft can embed the lower layer within the device's hardware so that time-critical processing is off-loaded onto the device's processor.
- UNIX or POSIX environment
SCO UNIX Openserver 3.0/5.0
NCR UNIX System V 4.0
- Non-UNIX environment
IBM OS/2 1.x, 2.x
Citrix Multi-user OS/2
- Real-Time Executive or Operating environment
QNX 2.x, 4.x
- LLC, DDI/DDK Streams I/O, Character I/O, Network I/O, Comm I/O, Embedded I/O
- Direct Memory Mapped, Virtual Memory Mapped, Programmed I/O, DMA Control, Streams Message Block Interface
- Intelligent/Non-intelligent I/O Controllers, Network Interface Cards, Embedded I/O (Firmware specific)
- ISA, EISA, PCI, PCMCIA, CardBus, Micro Channel, VMEbus, MULTIBUS, and S-bus